…it will be a decent representation of the book.
Don’t forget to check out my Premae Giveaway 🙂
10, 2013, adoption, animal shelters, Black cats, bobbing for apples, Death, dookin, dooking for apples, facts, fertilitiy, full moon, ghosts, Halloween, Hollywood, Houdini, laws, Marriage, mirrors, New Year, odd, Pomona, rare, Scorpio, silly string, Spiders, Star sign, Sweets, taditions, ten, true love, wird, Zodiac
1. It is extremely rare for there to be a full moon on Halloween, the next Halloween with a full moon will be in 2020. The last one to take place was in 2001 and before that it was in 1974.
2. It is Illegal to use Silly String in Hollywood on Halloween. From 12am on October 31st until 12noon on November 1st, the use of Silly String carries a fine of $1000.00. This law came into effect in 2004.
3. Bobbing for apples (dookin for apples in Scotland) was traditionally a way of determining who would next be allowed to marry. The apple tree was brought to Britain by the Romans and apples represented Pomona the Goddess of fruit trees who was also linked with fertility. For the Celt’s the pentagram was already a symbol of fertility so when they cut apples in half and found the seeds formed a pentagram like shape they agreed that apples symbloised feritility and thus, the first person to successfully ‘dook’ for an apple would be the next to marry.
4.Legend has it that if you see a spider on Halloween it is actually the spirit of a loved one watching over you. I hope my deceased loved ones know better than to watch over me in the guise of a spider, that is just a one way ticket to the bottom of my shoe and the after after-life.
5. Harry Houdini died on Halloween.
6. Many animals shelters won’t allow black cats to be adopted in October time in case they are used in rituals or tortured around Halloween.
7. Samhainophobia is the irrational fear of Halloween.
8. There are many legends surrounding Halloween and mirrors, one of them is that if a young woman looks into a mirror on Halloween she will see her true love appear behind her. I guess I will be getting ready without a mirror tomorrow, freaky mirror ghosts and applying mascara don’t go together in my book.
9. If you are born on Halloween your star sign is Scorpio.
10. I have bought so many sweets for Halloween that I think they will probably last until New Year.
Do you know any Halloween facts? Please share them in the comments section, or just stop by and say Hi. Did you like this post? The Like button is there so that you can let me know 🙂 Thanks for checking out my blog.
100, 2013, belatrix lestrange, Blurred Lines, cartoon characters, celebrities, costume, Daisy, Daria, different, disney, entertainment, Evanorah, fancy dress, Fashion, films, Flinstones, Game of Thrones, gaming, Glinda, Gretel, Halloween, how to train your dragon, ideas, Inspiration, Jane Lane, Katy Perry, Margery Tyrell, Miley Cyrus, Myrtle, new, Night Bitch, Norah, original, Oz, Oz the great and powerful, pop culture, popular, Skyrim, Tauriel, Theodora, True Blood, TV shows, unique, van helsing aleera, Video Games, videogames, VMA’s, women, Ygritte
Here are 100 halloween costume ideas, 20 of them are new ideas for 2013 (from things that happened or were out this year.) The rest are older ideas that are not overdone and that you could be proud to wear to a halloween party.
I hope you have found a costume idea that you like. If you have any good costume ideas for 2013 please share them in a comment.
I have loads and loads of costume ideas on my halloween pinterest board – have a look for some inspiration:
Likes and comments always welcome 🙂