amazon, book shelves, books, cons, e book, e books, e-reader, entertainment, future, kindle, literature, new release books, normal books, old-fashioned, progress, pros, reasons not to buy, reasons to buy, recommendations, Technology
I’ve been contemplating buying an E-reader but I really can’t make mind up. Maybe some of you can’t either so I am going to list all my pros and cons and they might help you come to a decision.
- They store a lot of books
- Portable – less bulky than the majority of books
- Discreet – you could read some trashy romance on the bus an no one would know.
- Instant – you can get a new book to read instantly, just jump on the internet and then bam! what you want is right there on your kindle.
- They save paper.
- No pretty book covers for your book shelves
- Not waterproof -This is my biggest problem, I love a hot bath and a good book.
- Can’t swap with your friends the way you can with books.
- Can’t buy used e-books like you can with normal books – there are no charity e-book shops as far as I’m aware but feel free to correct me in the comments section.
- Don’t get to use pretty bookmarks
- There will be no more lining up at midnight at book shops for new release books – I did that for harry potter once (call me a geek if you want I don’t care) and there was a really cool friendly atmosphere.
- No more points collecting on my Waterstones card.
- You have to buy one and then buy books, with books you only need to buy the actual books.
- A book is never going to run out of battery.
I think I will probably get one at some point, I’m probably just reluctant to leave books behind. Books as we know them could actually cease to exist as we move to e-books, like how videos died out when we moved to DVD’s. That’s sad 😦
What do you guys think? Any pros or cons to add to my list? Let me know in the comments section. Also, if you have an e-reader what do you think of it? Would you recommend getting one?
Thanks for checking out my blog 🙂