Maybe I’m overly grumpy or anti-social or easily irritated but a lot of things annoy me. So without further ado here is my list of No-No’s.
1. Shopping spree competitions with a celebrity. – Shopping spree = all good. Meeting your favourite celebrity = all good. Putting the two together = DISASTER. Seriously, who wants a celeb hanging over their shoulder on a shopping spree? If I ever win a shopping spree then I want to be flinging everything that I get my hands on into my basket, there will be no time for polite and possibly star-struck chit-chat with someone I don’t know. What are you going to do when your favourite celebrity picks up something you hate and says ‘this would look so good on you, you should get it?’ Well I would say ‘no thank you’ without hesitation which is probably why it is a bad idea for me to go on a shopping spree with a celeb.
2. Nicknaming your blog readers /followers. Now I know a lot of you do this. A lot of my blogger friends do this, and that’s their choice and I still love their blogs. But it makes me cringe so much. I don’t want to be called a beauty or fashionista or bookworm or cereal box when I read your blog about beauty, fashion, books, or cereal boxes. It makes me feel like your are trying to force you blog’s branding on to me and I always imagine it being said in the over-exuberant voice of a children’s TV presenter; ‘Now then explorers, let’s imagine that we are going on a magical spaceship ride to Mars..’ No.
3.‘You have a great blog, check out mine: http://randomannoyingpersonsblog ‘ , No.
4. Putting your feet on the back of my chair in the cinema, on the bus, on a plane. No. One day I will snap and your legs will break.
5. Shop assistants. No I do not need your help, if I did I would ask for it. If I am looking at a top what could I possibly need help with? I’m quite tempted to answer ‘yes’ next time this happens and have the assistant hold the top in lots of different places in the store so that I can see how it looks from 10 metres away, under a different light, against a white background, paired with a skirt…then I will say that I don’t like it and move on to the next top. Want to ask me if I need help while looking at this one? No.
6. Adverts for scary films. Are you kidding me? I’m sitting there happily watching TV when suddenly the monster/ghost/alien/demon from some new horror film is doing demonic and terrifying things on my tv screen. I will see that image when I am in bed at night. There should be a scary advert warning so that I can chose not to watch them. Surely I could sue these advert people for the nightmares that they cause.
7. Celebrities endorsing charities when they have enough money to solve whatever problem the charity is combatting.
8. Bad designers. Oh you designed a sink so small with a tap so big that I have to be a contortionist in order to wash my hands. Aren’t you clever? That sink should be the only one that you are allowed to use for the rest of your life.
So there you have it, my big grumpy list of no-no’s. Do you agree/disagree with any of them? What no-no’s would you add to the list? Tell us in the comments section.
Thanks for checking out my blog 🙂
I feel the same way about the “shop with a celebrity” thing. I totally enjoy shopping by myself. I don’t even like shopping with people I like – why would I want to shop with a stranger!?!? And you KNOW they’re completely forced into it. I always said if I won one of those, I’d give the celebrity an “out” and let them have their day back.
The Crystal Chronicles said:
I love that you wrote this post! Sometimes you just need to let it be known!
I nominated you for an award > http://storybookapothecary.com/2012/08/30/the-loved-blog-award/ 😉
Brilliant post! I definitely agree with the people taking liberties one. I can’t stand it. Especially something like queing for a bus. Why is it when I’ve been standing in the rain for half an hour waiting for my bus that I have to let the old lady who just turned up on first? Not at all fair. They would be the first to complain if anyone pushed in front of them! Or when pregnant women expect me to give up my seat on the bus! I paid for my ticket and I didn’t get you pregnant so I will not move! Arrgh. It does annoy me when people think they deserve something more than I do.
I have to admit I am a little guilty of no. 3 though. But only when it’s related to something specific someone else has said. Like if they’ve done a similar nail art then I’ll link back to mine. I do try my best not to be annoying about it!
Thanks, glad you liked it 🙂 I don’t think that you are guilty of number 3, I do the same thing, I’ll say ‘just read your post, I’ve posted about this issue as well, you might be interested in checking it out ‘ … I think that that is fair enough, but when people stop by who obviously haven’t bothered to read your blog and just say ‘ great blog, check out mine’ that annoys me.
This post is so funny to me because I can relate to almost all of them!! One thing I would add to the list would be You Tube gurus who want you to subscribe to their channel and as if that wasn’t enough then they want you to subscribe to their twitter, fb, linked in, group me, instagram, and every other social network and then demand that you press the like button so they get high ratings. I think this should be a matter of choice. You can tell people your social networking handles but don’t constantly ask people to follow you in every single video!! That will make me unsubscribe so quickly. Just annoying!
I also hate the salespeople who follow you around the store. I have had some just follow me and never offer any help. I feel like they are spying on me and that irritates me to no end. Usually I will just say can I help you with something since obviously you are not planning to help me O_o! Or even worse- the ones who ask you every 5 minutes if you are looking for something in particular. If I say no I’m just browsing don’t ask me again! I know that they are just doing their jobs, but it still gets on my last nerves.
I know what you mean about the youtube gurus and I totally agree about the stalker sales people, makes me so nervous – I almost never buy anything when this happens because I don’t want to stop and examine/consider something with them watching me, I always feel like they must think I’m a thief since they feel the need to monitor me so closely. If I was boss of a shop my staff would be instructed to say – ‘i’ll be right over here if you need me’, and then they would leave people to shop in peace. xxx
awesome post! 1,3,4,5,7,8,9, & 10. Couldn’t agree more! Now I want to do a post on all the things that annoy me haha list could go on foreverrr. Do I nickname readers? I know sometimes I say lovelies or whichever, but it’s mostly because I don’t want to be like “hey ya’ll” because it seems bizarre to me and I don’t know everyone’s name and it would take forever to list them all. So there, that’s my reason, I am sticking to it and I hope you’re not pissed when you read my posts haha.
I don’t count ‘lovelies’ as a blog nickname, people actually say that in real life ‘hello lovely/lovelies’ your blog nick name would be apothecaries like mine would be beauties. I’m never pissed when I read your blog 🙂 Think I have pissed a lot of people off with this post those, getting some very defensive comments. OOops. I’m probably in the minority with being irritated by the nicknames but different people get irritated by different things.
Haha oh alright then, well thank goodness. I don’t want to be someone who comes off as patronizing or something. Awful and I hate children show hosts. Ugh. Cringing even just thinking of it. They just look like they have no dignity left in them… Haha well you can’t write a good post without upsetting some people I suppose. Hopefully nobody takes it too seriously! Now you have me thinking of a list of all the things that get on my nerves.. haha I enjoyed the post so thanks for writing it! x
Thanks Tianna, glad you enjoyed it 🙂 As for your list, trust me it is so easy once you get started, mine came about because I saw something on twitter this morning about winning a shopping spree with the band stooshe, I was originally just gonna talk about that and then suddenly I had 10 things that annoy me. Let me know if you post yours, I’m sure it will be an interesting read 🙂
haha of course. It’s always nice to read posts that get me thinking or laughing or both. Even if it offends me or maybe especially if it does. I try not to get angry over differing opinions; it’s bound to happen anyway. And yeah who the hell wants to shop with a celeb? It would just be awkward IMHO. I am thinking I will haha. thanks for the inspiration ; I’ll be sure to link back x
It would be so awkward, and thanks for the link back 🙂 (although I’m hardly original in telling the internet stuff I don’t like lol )
Haha it would be and annoying as well. That’s true, but you’re directly the one who inspired me so it would be annoying if I failed to link back. See what I did there? haha, why yes I’m here all night.
now that I’ve done it, I feel like I got too political lol . here’s to hoping no one hates me after this post! x
The Haute Frugalista said:
ohhh man!! Im so guilty about #2!! I do it not because Im pushing my “brand” but because it maked me feel theres a connection between my reader and myself. Is like making up a little group of explorers and them been called scouts. lol. I honestly didnt know it bother people because I personally like going to another blog and been named something (like Bean 🙂 It makes it fun for me, Im doing a survey one of this days and find out if my readers get truly bother by it, and change it if so.
What do grinds my gears is having people call me “blog reader”!! I rather be called rat, if thats what the blog is about than blog reader!! so not cool! like:I know I am, duh! thats why Im here!
Ooops, I have obviously touched a nerve with you Dee, you don’t need to try and convince me that you’re cool, I’m sure you are. I just find the whole blog nickname thing cringeworthy but other people obviously think it’s cool and that’s why they do it. It’s cringeworthy to me so that’s why it’s my no-no. You made me laugh when you said that you would rather be called a rat than a reader, that’s obviously a no-no for you, I didn’t realise how adverse people could be to being called readers. I prefer being called a reader because there is no assumption involved, I’m a reader because I’m reading. I’m sorry that it’s not cool enough for you.
AJ's Mom said:
Some of the things here really do get to me, as well. Especially the cinema one grrr…so many occasions that I could have a heart attack when a creature would just jump out of nowhere and scared you to death! What is that about?? As for blogging, I’m guilty of this a little and I can see where you’re coming from – although when it comes to these things, they don’t bother me as much. I’ve definitely toned it down when it comes to my blog or posts as I didn’t want to come across as being too pushy about it. One thing that’s a no-no for me when it comes to blogging is when some comments cross that line. If that happens, that comment will go down as spam! Some people are just total creeps and they take advantage of you when you’re just being nice. *sigh
Shop assistants, too keen is one thing, but the ones that do nothing and blah blahs with their colleague instead of helping you out, that’s something! I don’t like being rude but I always say ‘excuse me’ and ask them what I want. They’re there to work, not to chit chat!
A blog that starts off fine and ended up being their shrine — my brain would start shutting down. LOL
Great post Breige. Once again, glad to have you back.
I think the horror adverts are one of the worst, there is just no warning! It sucks that you have had some over the line comments, I’ve had some too (on my moira johnston post – really vulgar chauvanistic stuff – had to delete 3 or 4 comments) in the end though you have to laugh at people wasting their time posting bitter comments that no one will read 🙂 I know what you mean about shop assistants, there is nothing worse than waiting at the checkout while they are finishing their conversation, it’s so rude, like you have all day to wait around for them. I don’t think you are being rude by saying excuse me, I think you are expecting them to do their job 🙂 And shrine blogs – don’t get me started lol xxx
Kajsa Josephine said:
I personally find it intrusive with employees in clothing stores who comes into the fitting room 😉 True story!
That sucks Kajsa, I would go nuts if someone walked into my changing room, hope it doesn’t happen again xx
Kajsa Josephine said:
Let´s cross our fingers 🙂
Yeah, it’s like they pack all of the scariest bits into that one trailer, traumatise you for 30 seconds and the expect you to happily get on with the rest of your life. Oh seat recliners….don’t get me started, they may as well just wear a label which says ‘inconsiderate’ on their forehead. xxx
Oh I love this post! I completely agree with you on a lot of the things you’ve written there. I hate horror film trailers…it’s worse when your at the cinemas and there’s that trailer showing before the movie and they show the horror film that’s just coming out. For that entire movie all I can think of is the horror film trailer and keep looking over my shoulder! I also hate those people on the plane who has their seats reclined while food is being served! xoxo