So as you may already know I took a break from blogging during August. Now that I’m back I’ve come back to quite a few awards which is really lovely. I would like to thank Nonfashionista, Naomi, Tianna, Mademoiselle Snow and Arshia for nominating me for blog awards. Thanks a lot guys.
All of these bloggers are great and you should really check out their blogs.
Nonfashionista – http://nonfashionista.wordpress.com/ – fashion with a smile and a wink.
Naomi- http://bewitchery.wordpress.com/ – beauty reviews of captivating products.
Tianna- http://storybookapothecary.com/ Natural beauty tips and reviews on all things beauty and health related.
Mademoiselle Snow- http://mademoisellesnow.wordpress.com/ (a blog that you should check out if you love fashion)
Arshia- http://enamelonline.wordpress.com/ (if you like nail art you should really chack this blog out.)
So what awards have I actually been nominated for? The bloggers above have each nominated my blog for one or more of the following awards : Addictive Blog Award, Beautiful Blogger Award, Super Sweet Blogging Award, Liebster Award. Thanks again guys
All of the awards have different rules. Most of them just ask for 7 interesting things about yourself but I don’t want to bore you so I am going to answer the specific questions which have been asked by those giving out the awards and as for nominating fellow bloggers, since I have been away for a month these awards have already done the rounds of the blogs that I regularly read so I have decided to create an entirely new award and give it to some of my favourite blogs, more details at the bottom of the page.
Arshia nominated me for the Liebster award, and as a recipient of the award I have to answer the 11 questions that she asked of her award nominees, so here goes
1. What do you love most about the city in which you currently live? Well I live in Stirling and the thing that I love the most about it is that it is a small city surrounded by lush green countryside, so you never get that ‘I forget what a tree looks like’ feeling that you can get in some cities.
2. If you were to make a bucket list, what would be #1? Having a book published.
3. Dream job? Author
4. 5 things you cannot live without…? Jed, books, time to myself, internet, wotsits.
5. Favourite cuisine? It’s hardly a type of cuisine but junk food. Anything that is bad for you or deep fried or churned out by a fast food place.
6. List the “must have” items in your wardrobe. The dresses. I have so many gorgeous dresses, most of them I haven’t had a chance to wear yet. I have a knack for finding amazing dresses in my size on sale. Seriously, I think this is my talent.
7. Most inspirational quote you have come across…? I don’t have one that has stuck with me but any quotes that say something along the lines of ‘the only person standing in your way is you’ are the ones that motivate me.
8. If you were to be a non-living object, what would you be? What an odd question, umm…maybe a painting -I’d probably never be thrown out or destroyed, I’d just get to hang out somewhere with no one bothering me.
9. When was the last time you broke the rules? I’m boring, I don’t break many rules. Unless you count deadlines. I have missed a deadline or two.
10. Most expensive thing you own? Laptop
11. Favourite Book/Movie? It’s a book intended for early teens but I still love it -The Forbidden Game.
One of the awards that Nonfashionista and Naomi have nominated me for is the Addictive Blog Award and a question that recipients of this award have to answer is ‘Share a little bit about why you blog and how the journey started.’ So here you go :
I don’t have a big inspirational strory I’m afraid. I bascially came across blogging and thought ‘I could do that’ and I did it. I’m studying journalism so having a blog is probably a positive in that respect too. (Anyone looking to hire a writer/columnist wannabe, I’m definately available so get in touch!)
So now the questions are out of the way it’s time to unveil the blog award that I have created.
The Loved Blog Award
Here are the rules of the award :
1.Thank the person who gave you the Award.
2.Give this Award to as many or as few bloggers as you like as long as you love their blog. State the reason(s) why you love their blog. (remember to tell them that you have nominated them.)
3. Post a link to your favourite blog post from your own blog.
4. Answer the following 3 questions : 1. If you could be a celebrity for a day who would you be and why? 2. If you could have one wish granted what would it be? 3. What is one thing that you just don’t understand? (I don’t understand why people eat butter)
Here are my award nominees, this post is pretty long already so I have only done three, but the beauty of creating your own award is that I can nominate people for it whenever I like , so even if you are’t nominated below, a nomination may be coming your way soon
http://storybookapothecary.com/ – I’m not generally a fan of blogs which do a lot of product reviews ( I think they can be a bit boring and there are so many of them) but I love this one. Tianna’s product reviews are well worth reading, they are well written and objective. Her opinions are never swayed by wether or not she has been sent a free product, her reiviews are always honest and she answers all of the questions that you could possibly have about a product, really helping you to make your mind up about wether or not something is for you. Her blog is also full of other interesting posts, for example her latest one is about fashion finds inspired by Katniss Everdeen. She also makes and sells her own make up, and her product range has the coolest name ever, I’m not telling you what it is- go and find out for yourself😉
http://nerdygirlshops.wordpress.com/ This blog has been one of my favourites from the very beginning. NerdyGirl (I’m calling you this because I don’t think you want your name out there in the blogosphere) does these great reviews about independant little online boutiques and shops which sell the coolest products. I guarantee that you will see something on her blog that you will want. There are also regular features such as ‘Men of Monday’ and ‘Whatcha Readin’ Wednesday’.
http://worldduh.com/ This blog is full to bursting with Bizarre World News. You could spend hours reading all the posts about nutty/weird/creepy/bizarre/wonderful/awful news from around the world.
Thanks for checking out my blog