The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2012 annual report for this blog.
19,000 people fit into the new Barclays Center to see Jay-Z perform. This blog was viewed about 69,000 times in 2012. If it were a concert at the Barclays Center, it would take about 4 sold-out performances for that many people to see it
To view your own 2012 annual report just go to your site stats and click on ‘Check out the fireworks you created on your 2012 Annual Report’ at the top of the page.
Thanks to everyone who has been reading Beauty and the Best of the Rest :) have a great 2013!
I have just made myself a blog button so I thought I would offer a blog button swap, if you display my button on your blog then I will displays yours on mine.
Here is my button code :
<div align=”center”><a href=”http://www.beautyandthebestoftherest.com” title=”Beauty and the best of the rest”><img src=”http://beautyandthebestoftherest.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/blog-button-image.jpg” alt=”Beauty and the best of the rest” style=”border:none;” /></a></div>
If you would like to swap just comment here with a link to your blog and your own button code.
Here is what my button will look like :
Thanks for checking out my blog :)
I am a member of a few facebook blog groups but I’ve never seen one that is solely for wordpress users so I decided to create one just for us.
The group is called WordPress Fashion and Beauty Community so if you blog on wordpress about Fashion or Beauty then go and join the Group. The idea is that it is a forum for us all to have a chat and post links to our recent posts, make new friends and get new followers.
There is a blog and twitter directory so that you can post links to your blog and tell us your twitter username so that you can get new followers.
Here is a link to the group, go join :)
I am quite new to blogging but I have been discovering some cool things to do to make your blog look good. The things I have done to improve my blog so far are:
1. I implemented a facebook sidebar.
2. I have a visitors flag counter.
3. I learned how to make image collages.
4. I customised the comment and share buttons.
So here are the details of how I did these things.
1.Facebook sidebar : See that facebook box on the left handside of my blog, want one? It is very easy to get, all you have to do is go to ‘Dashboard’ > ‘appearance’ > ‘widgets’ , then you select the ‘Facebook Live Box’ widget and drag it to the sidebar box on the right hand side of the screen and you’re done!
2.Flag Counter : I just added this today (tried once before but it didn’t work properly) To see what this is, just look on the left handside of my blog, see the box with the flags in it? Well that is telling everyone who views my blog what other countries my blog is being viewed from. If you want this follow these steps : Got to www.flagcounter.com, create your flag counter (it is very simple, just follow the instructions) once you have created your flagcounter it will give you a code, copy that code, go to your widgets page, put a ‘text’ widget in your sidebar, put your flag counter code in the body of the text widget and now you have a flag counter :)
3. Image collages : I had no idea how to do these but thought they would add a nice touch to posts that I do. So I googled it. For my collages I go to www.photovisi.com and follow their step by step instructions. So simple. Once you have made your collage you have to click on ‘download’, click on it because you then get to see your finished collage before you download it, then all I do is right-click on the final image and save it. Here is an example of one of mine :
4. Customising comment prompt and share buttons : If you look at the bottom of this post you can see you have the option to share it on facebook etc.. but my text doesn’t just read the standard ‘share it’, I customised it so it reads’ Think your friends would like this? tell them about it’. If you want to customise your ‘share this’ text just go to ‘settings’>’sharing’ and then change your sharing label :)
Customising comment prompt : Just go to settings > discussion, then scroll to the bottom of the page and change the text in the prompt box, you will notice that my comment prompt says ‘Go on…get in on the discussion.’ You can change yours to whatever you want.
So, like I said, I am new to blogging and these are just the things I know how to do so far but I hope they are useful to you anyway. If you know of any other cool ways to customise your blog, please tell us all in the comments section. I would particularly like to know how to get the ‘ Join x-amount of other followers’ box that shows how many followers you have.
If there is anything else you would like to know how to do, why not ask in the comments section? Maybe one of my other readers will know the answer.
Thanks for checking out my blog :) Please follow and ‘Like’ on facebook, go on, I showed you where the box is and everything ;)